national youth organizer
full-time – remote
The Black Alliance for Just Immigration (BAJI) is a racial justice and migrant rights organization which engages in education, advocacy, and cross-cultural alliance-building in order to strengthen a national movement to end racism, criminalization, and economic disenfranchisement in African American and Black immigrant communities.
Position Description: BAJI is seeking a National Youth Organizer to manage and build BAJI’s youth organizing and campaign work. This position will manage the base building and campaign work in collaboration with our Local Organizers in New York, Florida, Georgia, and Northern and Southern California. We are looking for someone who will work with our Organizer Team to help BAJI youth leaders reach their fullest potential in base-building, leadership development and support local, state and federal campaigns. The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who has a vision and strong desire to build the power of Black migrant youth, and will also want to implement program work directly with organizers and leaders to build a strong powerful base. This position is for someone who prefers being in the field, working with youth organizers and youth leaders to get them to be the best organizers and leaders possible.
Organizing and Campaign Development:
- Co-lead strategic growth and develop impactful BAJI youth organizing programs
- Design, plan and facilitate youth-led campaigns
- Spearhead relationship building and cultivate meaningful collaborations with Black migrant community youth leaders and community-based organizations
- Mobilize youth members and fulfill organizing goals
- Represent BAJI with local and state government officials, in the media, and with allied organizations
- Manage youth leadership development, skills building and political education workPerform administrative tasks and other duties as assigned
- Participate in and report at general staff and organizing team meetings.
- Turn in reports and plans in a timely manner
- Turn in administrative materials according to deadlines
- Other Duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Commitment to building Black migrant youth power and to their leadership development
- Excellent ability to plan and organize a demanding workload
- Organizing experienced required
- Multilingual a plus.
Salary $55+K, commensurate with experience. BAJI offers a generous benefits package.
BAJI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military status, marital status, familial status, caregiver status, predisposing genetic characteristics, veteran or active military service member status, pregnancy, arrest or conviction record, unemployment status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org