fundraising & development manager
The Black Alliance for Just Immigration (BAJI) is a racial justice and migrant rights organization which engages in education, advocacy, and cross-cultural alliance-building in order to strengthen a national movement to end racism, criminalization, and economic disenfranchisement in Black immigrant and African American communities. To support this mission, BAJI implements a robust fundraising program, which includes individual and philanthropic donor cultivation, fee-for-services, fundraising events, and special initiatives.
Position Description: The Fundraiser & Development Manager will be responsible for supporting BAJI’s fundraising programs which include philanthropic engagement, individual donor programs, events, in conjunction with BAJI staff, board members, and strategic partners. They will show leadership and commitment to BAJI guiding principles, framework, analysis and implementation methods.
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
- Support Executive Director, staff, and board of directors in all major fundraising efforts
- Develop and implement a strategy for building BAJI’s individual donor program
- Identify, draft, and track proposals for foundation and other grants
- Develop and manage online, direct mail, crowdfunding, year-end, and/or other fundraising campaigns to build the base of individual and other revenue sources
- Manage special events and fundraising related activities
- Establish and implement systems and processes for effective identification, tracking, and recognition of donors and prospects, including data management
- Write, draft and edit grant reports and renewals
- Respond to requests for information from donors and private foundations
- Coordinate timely and accurate reporting for all funding sources
- Strong written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to write convincing grant proposals and reports
- Ability to conceive and implement creative fundraising strategies
- Knowledge of online fundraising platforms
- Facility with databases and knowledge management
Salary $65+K, commensurate with experience. BAJI offers a generous benefits package.
BAJI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military status, marital status, familial status, caregiver status, predisposing genetic characteristics, veteran or active military service member status, pregnancy, arrest or conviction record, unemployment status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org