RFP: Strategic Communications & Earned Media for BAJI Rapid Response
Submission: Submit to jobs@BAJI.org and put “BAJI Operations Support ” in the subject line. Proposals accepted on a rolling basis until: October 5th, 2021
Project Dates: Project Begins- October 11th, 2021 – Tentative end date – December 24, 2021
BAJI Overview: The Black Alliance for Just Immigration (BAJI) educates and engages African American and Black immigrant communities to organize and advocate for racial, social and economic justice. Local BAJI Organizing Committees in New York, Georgia, California and Florida with staff in Texas and Minnesota, build coalitions and initiate campaigns among communities to push for racial justice. At the local and regional level, BAJI provides training and technical assistance to partner organizations to develop leadership skills, works with faith communities to harness their prophetic voice, and initiates vibrant dialogues with African Americans and black immigrants to discover more about race, our diverse identities, racism, migration and globalization.
Project Overview: You will work to support the team through logistics, project management, operations and administrative duties in support of the Until We’re Free Campaign. You will be working in a fast-paced environment where some of the assigned tasks will include event planning and coordination, supply and vendor procurement, prospecting and contact management.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and multitasking skills with close attention to detail: Need to multitask event management, contact follow-up, tracking of budget expenditures/goals, and keep everything well organized to ensure success.
- Strong coordination and relational skills: Must have experience managing, prioritizing, and responding to multiple questions and requests promptly. Must feel comfortable working directly with members, setting expectations, troubleshooting, and understanding when to elevate issues to leadership. Must have strong documentation skills to meet members’ needs.
- Excellent communication skills: Must know how to share insights in a clear, concise, and actionable way. Must also communicate effectively to ensure alignment on timelines and deliverables.
- Great collaboration skills: Must have the ability to seek solutions to challenges we may face proactively. This includes the ability to re-prioritize tasks based on daily needs, offer timely input, and share feedback on work progress. The organization is remote, so you must adapt to the challenges of working with a team located across the country.
- A positive attitude and the ability to work well under pressure: Must be a “can do” person with experience working in busy/high-pressure situations. Campaigns are hectic. You know how to manage a heavy workload and prioritize competing needs while staying positive and keeping things moving forward
- Proactive, creative, problem solving: Must have good instincts, anticipating challenges before they arise. When confronted with new problems, you must be willing to be creative and think outside the box. You tackle challenges head-on, and you’re eager to dive in with others to identify the best path forward while understanding and being able to articulate trade-offs. The bottom line is you will find a solution that works.
Nice to Have Skills/Qualifications:
- Experience working with G-suite tools, (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms), as well as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word – strong Google Sheets and Google Slides experience preferred
- Experience managing large events on Zoom
- Experience working on a remote team
- Manage campaign operations and support leadership teams
- Manage administrative tasks, including scheduling
- Managing vendor communications and contracts
- Work with leadership to host events and updates – coordinating logistics, organizing supplies, and facilitating check-ins
- Work with leadership to manage and prioritize projects
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned